Fraud, Waste & Abuse Program
Trusted HP - Michigan has a fraud and abuse program. This program makes sure health care money is used correctly.
Examples of fraud and abuse by a member:
- Changing information on a prescription or medical form.
- Letting someone else use your I.D. card for medical services.
- Using transportation other than going for medical services.
- "Doctor shopping" for prescriptions.
Examples of fraud and abuse by a provider:
- Billing for services he or she did not perform.
- Giving false information such as a college degree.
- Providing services that are not needed.
If you have any information about fraud and abuse or think that someone may have used your I.D. card, please contact Trusted HP - Michigan. You can report fraud and abuse without giving your name by calling our Compliance Hotline at 1-844-324-5134.
Or you can call the State of Michigan at 1-855-MI-FRAUD (643-7283) or send a letter to Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General, PO Box 30062, Lansing, MI 48909-7562. You can also use the Online Complaint Form at michigan.gov/fraud